Overview of my filmmaking efforts from 1997 to 2017, in relation to technological developments, and the making of a “mental” film.
In the framework of a study day entitled “Self-narrative: Tool and features of the” I “on screen, organized by Claire Chatelet and Julie Savelli (University Montpellier 3) Intervention:”I did not know, but I am my camera", here is the short presentation:
Visit of 20 years of autobiographical and autofictional productions of Benoît Labourdette (1997-2017), closely related to the new tools that gave birth to them: DV cameras, mobile phones, cameras, drones, virtual reality cameras. Machines manufacture us more than we manufacture machines. A diachronic perspective on the evolution of “audiovisual” in a work. Linked to workshop practices using these same tools.
I articulated this presentation, which was accompanied by excerpts of my films, in three stages:
Projection to the cinema Utopia Montpellier
- Rester là-bas (1992, 47’) deDominique Cabrera (1992, 47 ’) (in the presence of the filmmaker).
- Visite ou Mémoires et Confessions (1982, 1h08) by Manoel de Oliveira (presented by Guillaume Bourgois).
Study Day at Montpellier University
- Welcome and presentation of the day by Claire Chatelet and Julie Savelli (RIRRA 21, Paul-Valéry University Montpellier 3).
- The newspaper filmed in video Meeting with the filmmaker Dominique Cabrera.
Juliette Goursat (IRCAV, Sorbonne University, New Paris 3). * * In search of a personal expression: the enunciative devices of autobiographical films.
- Plurals like the universe (Pessoa, Oliveira, Rodrigues). Guillaume Bourgois (CINESTHEA, Grenoble-Alpes University).
- I did not know it, but I’m my camera. Benoît Labourdette, filmmaker, author, founder of the Pocket Films Festival.
- Self-filming and IO on the Internet: the feminine videoblog. Marida Di Crosta (MARGE, University Jean-Moulin Lyon 3).
- Techniques of self and digital technologies Bidhan Jacobs (Labex Arts-H2H, University Paris 8).