Five films to affirm the identity of a Parisian cultural institution, MPAA (House of Amateur Artistic Practices).
House of Amateur Artistic Practices (MPAA)
Places for musical, theatrical and artistic rehearsals in the broad sense of the term, places for artistic practice workshops, performance and exhibition venues, MPAA has five sites in Paris and has existed since 2008.
Ten years of existence and a new dynamic
September 28, 2018 was the tenth anniversary of the creation of MPAA by the City of Paris. The paradox of MPAA is a very strong use by amateur artists but a poorly defined identity. I was asked to make five films to support the new dynamics of this institution, led by its new director, Sonia Leplat, and a team of 38 highly motivated people.
Five films for five themes, five axes:
- “MPAA is it? ”: the first film, “global”. MPAA has 5 sites in Paris, it is important to visualize them, to perceive the global spirit and the specificities of the places. Film shot entirely with a drone to feel the movement.
- “MPAA, place of rehearsal”: rehearsal rooms at very low cost, very well equipped, it is the backbone of the MPAA.
- “MPAA, place for creation”: MPAA allows and authorizes artistic encounters, creative dynamics, the existence of projects that would not have been possible without it.
- “MPAA, place for shows”: MPAA is also a technically perfectly equipped performance venue, which gives meaning and purpose to the projects that are being built there.
- “MPAA, open space”: there are many partnerships and openness is in the DNA of MPAA.