The Cinematheque of Martigues offers a program of films by Benoît Labourdette.
“From the sensitive to the camera”
Benoît Labourdette’s film program, from April 1 to 15, 2017, as part of the exhibition “Films in the Pockets”.
To tell his unique story, his own and also those of other individuals, who come out of anonymity thanks to a depth of intimate relationship that can be offered to the cinema. As in a mirror to recognize oneself in the interiority of the other. A non-chronological journey over a period of twenty years of Benoît Labourdette’s artistic production, between 1997 and 2017. Films shot with light means, films (in digital cinema), which were invented with new tools: DV cameras, Mobile phones, cameras, drones, virtual reality cameras, etc. These artistic explorations are at the heart of a wider cultural creation and mediation process that integrates artistic workshops such as those presented in this exhibition.
- The bubbles (2013, 2’46s).
- Closed garbage cans (2’16s, 1997).
- The kiss 1234567 (12’46s, 2013).
- Study for hands 9 (2’06s, 2010).
- In the neighborhood (3’37s, 2013).
- Reconstruction (3’24s, 2014).
- Laongo (3’39s, 2015).
- Brahim’s backpack (5’04s, 2016).
- Writing it (2’24s, 2015).
- Photos of the worksite (12’43s, 2017).
Photo : Olivier Sarrazin